Friday, May 2, 2014

Coming clean...

Let's face it, washing makeup brushes is no fun. It's time consuming, messy, and my hands always end up looking like a prune. 
My brushes never seem to get completely clean no matter what I use. Especially my foundation brushes. I can get the tips clean, but never all the way to the top of the bristles, closest to the ferrule. 
Recently I watched a YouTube video by GlowofGrace in which she used Dr. Bronner's bar soap to clean her brushes. The method was simple enough, I decided to try it for myself. Like Rachel (GlowofGrace) I purchased the tea tree oil formula. I figured the anti microbial properties of the tee tree oil were better for my brushes. Gotta get those things clean AND sanitized.
Here is my dirty foundation brush before I washed it:

I started by wetting it under warm running water. 
I gave it one pass over the bar of soap and rinsed it once. I could already tell that this was going to be amazing. 
I re-wet the brush and swirled it over the soap and in my palm a little more:
(I put the bar in a travel soap dish to make life easier)

I rinsed and repeated a few more times to make sure I got all of the foundation out of my brush. This whole process took less than 3 minutes. That is the fastest I have ever washed a foundation brush. And it is CLEAN! 

I will never go back to brush cleanser or baby shampoo. This is by far the cleanest that my brushes have ever looked. I am actually looking forward to cleaning all of them because it's so easy. It doesn't feel like a huge chore anymore.

Target had Dr. Bronner's soap for around $5.00 a bar. My Target didn't have the tea tree formula. A friend of mine found it at a local health food store, and it was under $4.00! Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment