Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December edition of Ipsy...

I am a sucker for monthly beauty subscription boxes. The only one I've consistently stayed with is Ipsy (formerly My Glam Bag)

One of the best parts of an Ipsy bag is the cosmetic pouch the products come in. Who couldn't use an extra pouch for something or other? I have one that I use for electronic chargers when traveling. I use one lip products in my purse and another for first aid stuff in my purse. 

Take a look inside my December Ipsy bag.
(Oh! I forgot to mention the adorable pink bubble mailer! Too perfect!)

This month's cosmetic pouch is a black patent-leather like material. The inside is bright red, perfect for the holidays. At least I'm sure that's what they were thinking.

I'll start with the nail polish. I definitely see the Holiday theme in this one. It's by the brand NICKAK New York, which I've never heard of until now. I'm guessing the color is NY139?
It is a beautiful, creamy, Christmas red. Definitely no hint of shimmer in this one.


The lipstick is my first ever from NYX Cosmetics. I have a few of their eyeshadows and lip grosses, which I enjoy.
This is from their round lipsticks collection. I do love that the bottom of the tube is clear, so that you can see the color 
It is in the color Iris or LSS501. I would describe this color as a peach with gold shimmer. NYX describes the lipstick as "non-smudging" and "moisturizing". I'll get back to you on that one, once I try it out. 

I'm loving the looks of this Pop Beauty eyeshadow trio. I am a natural eye lover, so it's not a shocker that I can't wait to use this. The color on this one is Naturally Bare. 
(Taken outside in the shade)
L-R
The first color is a gorgeous champagne beige. At certain angles I'm catching slight golden shimmer. 
In the middle is a bronzed gold that reminds me so much of Mac's Woodwinked eyeshadow.
Rounding out the trio is a lovely taupey-grey (greige as I like to call it), that will make a nice crease color with this look. 

The product I'm least excited about has to be this Bomshell Cosmetics beauty stick in the color Girl Crush. It's a pale, shimmery, baby pink. With no description on the package, I can only assume its a multiple use type product. Cheek, lip, and eye? I don't know..I'm not sure about this one yet.


Lastly, the perfume roll-on. It smells like Mr. Clean. Again, with no description I'm not sure what they were going for. 

Overall, I like this month's bag. Enough so, that my subscription will live to see another month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment